In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Rhubarb

Last summer the Rhubarb in our garden completely overwhelmed me. It was already full size before I even started thinking what I should do with it. I brought in to work in grocery bags and begged folks to take it off my hands. I searched for recipes and even purchased a Rhubarb cookbook. I decided that nobody must actually like the taste of Rhubarb as all the recipes had incredible amounts of sugar. So, in the end I was defeated by the Rhubarb. Soon after the Rhubarb was gone I started finding recipes for Rhubarb everywhere. This year I am armed and ready to tackle that Rhubarb. I'm keeping an eye on it and those stalks will eventually find their way to my kitchen to become one of these...

Smitten Kitchen


Rhubarb Muffins

Jenny Bakes
Rhubarb Pecan Muffins

Food and Wine
Rice Pudding with Poached Rhubarb

Simply Recipes
Rhubarb Sorbet

Sugar Laws
Rhubarb Ice Cream
(Click to Enlarge the photo to find out who else has been checking on the progress in our garden)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails