In Season

Spicy Sweet Onion Dip

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mexican Wedding Cookies

These really are my favorite Christmas cookie. I spent many years searching for the perfect Mexican Wedding cookies. I wanted that perfect blend of texture and flavor. I wasted many hours messsing with cookies that called for granulated sugar. Some too much spice, some not enough. I often make these when I have an event where I need a lot of cookies. We have another holiday event at work and 100 cookies will hopefully do the trick. You can always half the recipe or make the cookies bigger if you don't need so many. I just purchased a wonderful cookie scoop from King Arthur Flour to make the job much easier.

Mexican Wedding Cookies
2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup powdered sugar plus additional for dusting
2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
4 cups flour
½ tsp. salt1
½ cups pecans finely chopped
Preheat oven to 400F. Cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla. Sift flour, cinnamon, and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture one cup at a time. Add pecans and mix well. Roll 1 tsp at a time into balls and place 1/2” apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes until just barely brown. Let sit for a few minutes before removing from cookie sheet. While warm, dust with powdered sugar. Yield approximately 100 cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and sharing your comments.

Related Posts with Thumbnails